Subject: Hi
From: Formula One Licensew <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 95 19:02:09 GMT

Hello everyone,

I have been reading this list from afar for quite a while now, through the 
Aminet CD's. But at last I have got myself on-line and can join in.
First off I must say how sensible most people are, I like to see people
asking things like 'How do I hide the mouse pointer' and getting sensible
responses and not 'elite' type people laughing and taking the p***.

Anyway I think I will start off with a few questions of my own, no laughing
you at the back!

a) Does anyone know a way of iconifying an Amos program?
   i.e. Flip to Workbench and leave an icon on it that the user can double
        click on to return to the Amos program. A lot to ask I know,
        maybe a window type title bar with gadgets would work just as well?

b) How much is, and where do I get Andy Churches' Intuition Extension?

c) Any ideas on how to pass Tooltypes information to Amos from an icon?

d) Does anyone have file format descriptions of Bmp,Jpeg,Pic and any other
   picture file format? This is for the author of BlackBoard, he can't
   use datatypes for one reason or another. I have found GIF,PCX & IFF
   descriptions anybody got any others please?

Now some Amos product info:

AGA EXTENSION:
The AGA extension previously sold by Amiganuts (who have now gone bust)
is being sold by F1 Licenceware i.e. Me! It now costs 3.99 instead of the
previous price of 10. As you all probably know the extension does NOT
support bobs/sprites etc. And is basically for novelty value at the moment.
However, if there is sufficent interest in the extension it MAY be improved.
The extension was written by Nigel Critten (Now working for Escom
apparently) for Micheal Prince for use in one of Michael's games. I don't
know what the game was, before you ask. Basically Micheal paid Nigel for his
time and only the features that Michael needed were implemented. That is why
it seems only half an extension. For the extension to be upgraded will cost
Michael a lot of money and he is trying to muster some of it up through the
sale of this early version. That's what he told me. Just thought it was
about time the truth was known about this extension. AmigaNuts apperently
did not honour orders of the extension and M withdrew it and asked F1 to do
the bizzo on it, so there you are!

AMOS PRO COMPILER RELEASED:
I have today signed an agreement with Europress to distribute a special F1
Licenceware version of the Amos Pro Compiler v2. The disks will be the same
the manual will be the same the box is gone and in it's place is a cheap old
plastic sleeve, aha but that allows F1 to sell the compiler at less than
half the price of the original which was 34.99 as I recall. The F1 version
costs a very reasonable 14.99. Before you all start, I tried very hard to
get the bugs fixed but Epress just are not interested, nor Francois!
If sales go well I have the option of realesing Amos Pro during 1996.
Take no notice of the bull**** in Amiga Shopper about Ultimate Software
releasing the 5 Amos packages, THIS IS NOT TRUE. As far as I can find out
this 'news story' was sent in by Ultimate themselves.
I have that straight from Ian McFegan, head gezzer of Europress himself
that Ultimate will NOT be getting the Amos packages.

AMOSZINE:
You may or may not of heard of AmosZine. It is an Amos disk mag (nah!)
currently on issue 9. It is supported mainly by F1 Licenceware coders
and we need your help. See current Amiga Shopper for a demo version or
in Dev/Amos/ on the Aminet it should be there soon. It contains full
details of how to submit articles/source etc. And best of all major
contributers get it FREE.

/>Steve Bye<\   [email-masked]    

--------------------
|  F1 Licenceware  |
--------------------